What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website each time you visit so it can recognise you and recall your preferences etc.
Cookies are very useful and do lots of different jobs which help to improve your experience on websites.
They are referred to as session or persistent cookies, depending on how long they are used:
- Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. Once successfully signed in we can display personalised content.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Preventing fraudulent activities.
- Improving security.
- Analytics. This allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
How can I disable cookies?
You can configure your browser to prevent cookies from this and other websites. Please visit the help pages for your browser for further help.
Please remember however, that disabling cookies on this site may alter your ability to successfully navigate and use the site.